Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Lost Soldier The Ultimate Price To Pay

iam at the super 8 motel in Oneida New York the methodist people got me put in here iam about 25 miles from Syracuse lastnight i went into a bar and again recieved alot of hassle from a man concerning my journeys alot of times my cinversations concerning my journeys are wuth the Viernam Veterans and people from the Veterans Of Foreign War they are constally hassleing me concerning the fact this journey is dedicated to the memory of Keith Matthew Maupin here is what happened lastnight i was sitting in a bar talking with a man about my journeys he asked me had i been ro the local V.F.W i stated why its nothing more then a private bar the odds are there isnt one Veteran Of a Foreign War in the place vietnam was not considered a war congress never declared war it was a police action i explainned i have resieved more hassle from V-F-W- and American Legions concerning my journeys in the memory of Matt Maupin tthen from any other group of people and here is a typical V.F.W response the man asks me where i intended to sleep i stated in this area i could roll the sleeping bag out anywhere i would just find somewhere to sleep he asks me to write down the web-site information and the yellowribbonsupportcenter informayion because before he takes me home he wants to know iam telling the truth he then states before i take you home with my family i want to check the web-site he then asks me if i have any identification i tell him no but there are newspaper interviews on the internet he then pops off before i take you home i want to have the police check you out i want to know whos in my home i say fine he calls the police as soon as the police arrive he runs up to the police and states this is the information he gave me i want him checked out he has no identifivation yhe police run an n.c.i.c background check and state hes clean next thing i know he sneaks out of the bar he was siposedly a Vietnam Vet as i was leaveing the bar a couple hours later up pull the police again stateing dont get on the bicycle tonight pitch your tent in that field i guess thats another expierence and been a fairly normal reacyion ive recieved from the vietnam vets as i ride for the victims of 9-11-01 the yellowribbonsupportcenter and in support of our troops in irau and afghanistan it was again another what about us type of conversation Syracuse New York is next

No comments: